View post (ooooh, LIFE WITHOUT BIULDINGS!!!!! Listen to em...)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/19/2002 12:12 am
heh... no one seems to over lap with half my musical taste (ranging from scotish drunken "throw your down the f-ing cliff" type angst... to Dub, to some jazz, to experimental 80's stuff... god there's too much to list... but basically i dont like anything glossy and too MTV happy and insincier)... I just thought it'd be cool if i got some feed back from giutar minded poeple about an non guitar based music... oh well, I found it irratating at first.. and then i heard it again, and i had to admit i was hooked by the rythem in the words "..I forgot, it's happening again... it's sooo diagonal"... I just thought "WTF?"... and then i heard some other tracks, and i really like this stuff now... it's kinda like a musical riddle really...
The same kinda thing happened with Led Zeplin, I really like their acoustic stuf, but anything bluesy irratated me... and then slowly i began to get it, and i love the stuff now... I love black dog now, but i really hated the vocals on it at first... kinda axle rose-esque(who's voice i still find irratating after listening to "appetite for destruction" and "the speggetti incident" loads of times...)

You still aint told me what you think Rask? This time try "juno" or "ps exclusive"(if your gonna try anything)... and gis' a shout if you do...
Sue can sing (like on 14days and acouple of other tracks), just she tries this weird rambling rythematic rap type sound... I personally like it (after having adjusted to it though)...
This is has kinda changed my view of things, I mean i dont think alot of poeple would get MY stuff, vocally is slightly more melodic than this, but essentailly isn't really singing (well not all of it anyway)... and I certainly would get bored of doing the whole linkin park type thing... plus i dont know a new experimental band get chart sucess... bollox.. :(.. it's not about chart sucess, but it gets ya down when no body has the foggiest what your doing, I mean there's nothing actaully wrong with it, just now one understands... kinda like being a great english speech giver, standing on some french (just the first the first country that came to mind) town centre giving a really powerful speech while poeple gawk at you (and mad dogs bark and salivate in your direction)

[Edited by educatedfilm on 02-18-2002 at 06:31 PM]