Guess I should Introduce Myself

ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/12/2002 5:51 pm
I just realized I posted a few times on here, but never said Hey! My name's Scott and I've been playing guitar for 18 years now. I started playing because I heard an amazing track called Crazy Train and thought the guitarist was amazing, so needless to say, I'm a bit biased towards Randy Rhoads! Anyway, over the years I've changed styles. I started out playing metal (for some of you younger guys, this was about the time a new thrash metal band put out an EP called Kill Em All)then went to the hair bands, classic rock and blues. I play just about anything these days as long as it's got a good melody. I've played with a number of bands and have alot of experience playing live. The best time I had was probably last year when we played a club in Jamaica. Right now I've slimmed down my gear. I currently only have three guitars: an American Deluxe Strat, a Mexi-Strat and a Takimine acoustic/electric and play through a Line 6 Flextone II. I'm sure I'll be upgrading soon, but gotta watch that money sometimes. I hope I can provide some insight into questions many of you have based on my experiences.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
# 1
jck_dnls_26r
jck_dnls_26r
02/12/2002 8:38 pm
where in jamacia did u play. and wht were u playing. cause unless it was in some hotel in nigril there is not much chance of it being anything other then reggae. just curious.
hacksaw
# 2
ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/13/2002 1:38 pm
We played in a club in Ocho Rios. It actually was a Reggae club, but the owner thought an American band would be cool to have. It was an outdoor club (which most are there)so there were alot of people hearing us while walking by on the streets and stopped in to check us out. We did a mix, mainly rock, but we did an acoustic version of "No Woman No Cry" and some Jimmy Buffett stuff too.
# 3
trebledamage
trebledamage
02/13/2002 2:10 pm
Judging from your name, you seem to be an extremely humble and modest individual. I also remember when a relatively unknown band released "Kill Em All." I think my first introduction to thrash was from another relatively unknown band at the time that released an album titled "No Remorse." What kind of music do you play now? I mainly play blues and jazz now.
:cool:
# 4
ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/13/2002 2:52 pm
I'm playing a variety of things now. I've gone away from the thrash. About the only Metallica I play now is off the "Black" CD. I mainly play classic rock, 80's stuff, blues and stuff like Fuel, SR-71 and Weezer. I guess as I've aged my fingers aren't as nimble and quick as they used to be. LOL or maybe my tastes lean towards things that are more melodic and soulful now.
# 5
trebledamage
trebledamage
02/13/2002 3:01 pm
I've gotten away from playing thrash metal as well. I still like to listen to it every once in a while. I am more into blues and jazz, not because I have anything against thrash or other metal, but just because that is what I have settled into playing. I have been seriously studying jazz for the last 6 months. I've been playing guitar since I was in highschool. I'm going to be 31 in a few weeks. Did you sport the ever popular 80's mullet back in the day??? Do you make your living as a musician?
# 6
ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/13/2002 3:23 pm
LOL boy the 80's...geez. Well, I did have my hair very long, but I had it cut like EVH's (well kindof..didn't have the money to make it look that good). I don't make my living as a musician though. I'm in the military and moonlight so to speak, as a musician. It's kindof good though because I go all over the world, so not only does it give me the chance to play in different countries/cities, but I have seen some amazing bands over the years.
# 7
trebledamage
trebledamage
02/13/2002 3:39 pm
No Eddie Van Halen hair for you now that you are in the military! How have you been affected by the recent war on terrorism? Is your unit scheduled to go off to Afghanistan or some other far off ass-backward land??? I think you will like this website. There is a really good core of people here who like to talk shop about playing guitar. Welcome aboard.
# 8
ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/13/2002 4:11 pm
Thanks Treble. I'm not going anywhere. I'm in the Navy and on shore duty in New England right now, so I'm safe. It's affected me in minor ways, but that's about it. I forgot to mention earlier to my moniker. It's not a self-given one. The guys in my last band tagged me with it so it kindof stuck.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.