View post (hardware or software recording?)

View thread

darkfrett
darkfrett
10/01/2010 4:44 am
Originally Posted by: pranakawI have a USB mic, (Samson CO1U) with Cakewalk software. I cannot figure out the software. Is there another freeware out there that is more user friendly?
Thank you for any suggestions.

I have used Acid software by Sony for several years. I am use to it. I did download their pro software and got lost quick. If you are not educated in the sound field, I would stay away from the pricy stuff.

I also have CUbase LE4. I got lost in it and never got the USB to work. I'm still working on it. I don't think it will work for me. It is too complicated.

That is exactly why I like Sony's Acid Music Studio 7.0. It is simple to use and was well under $100.

But I think the best way to go for me is a recorder. You can get some nasty delays on a computer and end up re-installing your sound driver to take care of it. A stand alone recorder will not mess with your computer.

I used a friend's 4 track tape recorder for a while. I fell in love with it. The only bad thing about that was the tape would only hold about 15 minutes. I would think that a digital recorder would work a lot better. Well, they get pricy quick.

At this point, it all depends on what you want to do with it and how much you are willing to spend. But, I would go with a non-computer based recorder if at all possible.