Give your tips please :)

frettycrouger
frettycrouger
02/08/2002 4:31 am
bottom line....i play a lot..and continue to get better..but right now i suck
please give your tips on things you do to get better...so i am not just falling into my own pattern...please tell the things you practice...
wether it be arpeggios...millions of scales...kinds of chords in keys...
and if you have a lot of time...please tab out your stuff or give a site link to a place that you think will really help a guitar player like myself out :)...
bless all your souls if you reply :)
Pray for Jason Becker
# 1
SoS
SoS
02/08/2002 8:03 am
My tip is learn the stuff stuff and do it right first. I stuck at it for a year and then i learnt some off my own stuff and found out i could play better, faster, quicker and more efficiently then any self-taught learner that just wanted to play songs straight out (thast if your really serious bout Guitars)

{SOS}
# 2

02/08/2002 3:11 pm

First tip. Stop saying that you SUCK! You may beleive yourself one day. I don't like hearing this from people. You probably don't suck at all. I don't how long you've been playing but give yourself a break and enjoy what you can do.

You can always check out my site there's some good exercises.

Right now I don't really know what to post in my site so if you'd like to learn something in particular, let me know and I'll make a lesson out of it.

I want to post my tricks at in this website but my soundclips are a bit too big right now. Eventually I'll shrink them and post it along the great ones in here.
# 3
ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/08/2002 4:14 pm
Well, as to not offend Benoit, I have to admit that as many years as I've been playing, I don't think I'm as great as I can be (noticed I didn't say suck??), even though time and time again people tell me I'm really good. I live by two rules:

1. Practice! You can never practice enough. I usually try new stuff, nice and slow to get it right, then speed it up until I'm proficient with it. Once I'm proficient with it, then I like to change it up a bit and put my own touch to it until it's too my liking.

My second rule: When you start thinking you've learned everything it's time to stop playing. You'll find out that no matter how much knowledge you tuck under your belt, someone else knows something you don't. Randy Rhoads, who in my opinion is one of the greatest, used to take lessons on the road with Ozzy up until the day he died. EVH, who is a very influential player starting comparing himself to Mozart about ten years ago. I personally think that right after he did that, all his **** started sounding the same. If you think you've reached a peak playing metal....try learning the blues or classical (trust me..it sounds boring but you won't believe the things you can do). The guitar is not only a versatile instrument, it's a freaking blast to play! Play around with it and see what you can make it do, you'll be surprised.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
# 4

02/08/2002 6:55 pm

LOL :)

Good post. We basically have the same first rule. I turned to blues a year ago cause I didn't got what I wanted out of metal anymore. You know what I now compose better metal songs, at least that's what I feel. I also took some time to learn a little theory here and there.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.