Ex-week (partially)

GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/19/2010 11:19 pm
I had to share, and just had to ask you guys and girls.. have you ever had a week or partial week that is dominated by ex-girlfriends (or ex-boyfriends)? just out of the blue, no particular reason, they all just decided through some unknown conspiracy or unconsciousness to contact you and/or do something which makes you get that real nasty feeling you sometimes have with those ex-es you can't forget..

..pfew that was a long sentence, anyhoe it happened to me, all of a sudden I've got the full weight of the last 5 years of three ex-es on my back and in my head and now I feel my insanity is fleeing... nothing makes any sense anymore! why does this bother me you might think..well, I'm sober! if I were drunk it would make a lot of sense, but I'm not (is it family friendly to talk about being drunk? :p mind you I work at a bar ;))

any song I can learn that gives you that relaxing feeling? I just played Wanted Dead Or Alive from Bon Jovi but it doesn't do the trick..
= good music is good drinking =
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
07/19/2010 11:26 pm
Soooooooooo????

You're saying you've had ex's calling you? Getting in touch, or they are just coming up in your thoughts?
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/19/2010 11:31 pm
yup :o calling, texting, talking, visiting and even my roommates decided to talk about their ex's..

effect: they getting in my thoughts, me getting confused, not funny! :p
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
07/19/2010 11:35 pm
Well...

You know... I just can't say what I want to say. ;)
# 4
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/19/2010 11:36 pm
come talk in the chatroom, you can say whatever you want there! :D
# 5
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
07/19/2010 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: GuitarPsyI had to share, and just had to ask you guys and girls.. have you ever had a week or partial week that is dominated by ex-girlfriends (or ex-boyfriends)? just out of the blue, no particular reason, they all just decided through some unknown conspiracy or unconsciousness to contact you and/or do something which makes you get that real nasty feeling you sometimes have with those ex-es you can't forget..

Well, I've had some drama, but usually it's more immediate after the breakup.

One time, though, back in my 20's, I was on a crowded bus, all piled up with a guitar and a 2-4 headin' to a party, there's this chick on the bus who starts ragging me about some other chick I saw for a bit back in high school. Like high school?!? That was 6 years ago (then)!! All saying how she had waited for me and some crap? Man she was nuts. Kind of embarassing, though on a full bus.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 6
Crossbow
Crossbow
07/20/2010 12:10 am
I been married now for 29 years so can't help ya on this matter other then saying I do think back to the good old days when I had this kind of problem. Sounds like you need to lock the door then shut the phone off and jam your butt off for a few days!!! Good luck and hope things get better for ya soon.
Crossbow
# 7
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/20/2010 12:25 am
lol! haha thats really funny Razbo :p indeed talking about drama..

ok I didn't actually intend to make this about my ex-situations, more in the line of a random coincidence making this week's center of attention: three of my ex gf's.. because why think of one if you can confuse yourself with three! in the end it's not really about the three, it's just about ex's and how to deal with all possible situations that develop after breakup..

actually I'm rather curious on how you deal with that, do you have a standard way of 'when it's over, she/he's out of my life'..
..or are you more like me that you've got your 'was nice girl, we didn't fit, no biggie', and your 'was really nice girl, wished we worked better together cause she's sexeeyh! :p' and your 'the possible one, things went wrong cuz you were too young and too frisky :rolleyes:'

I might make up more categories but I actually dislike boxes so.. :D

on a sidenote, that's not such a bad idea Crossbow!
# 8
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
07/20/2010 11:33 am
Originally Posted by: GuitarPsy
actually I'm rather curious on how you deal with that, do you have a standard way of 'when it's over, she/he's out of my life'..
..or are you more like me that you've got your 'was nice girl, we didn't fit, no biggie', and your 'was really nice girl, wished we worked better together cause she's sexeeyh! :p' and your 'the possible one, things went wrong cuz you were too young and too frisky :rolleyes:

To get serious for a moment, I move on. Once it's done, it's done.

There is only one chance at trust, and if it's broken, that's it. That doesn't necessarily mean infidelity, but a break up for any reason. If I break up with her, it's basically going to have to be because she was unfaithful in some way. And that's the end of it: She's then beneath my standards as a human being. I may not be perfect, but I am loyal and faithful, and anyone rubbing that trust in the dirt can go to hell.

If she breaks up with me (and it happened once ;) ), then a trust is again broken. She's not returning the loyalty I offer, so she can't be trusted not to do it again if we're having a rough patch. I'm not living with that. I don't believe in marriage, but I have weirdly strong feelings about commitment to a relationship.

In either case, I just shut it down and move on. May not be the healthiest thing, but that's what I have done. No sense stringing my heart out over someone I can't trust, or has broken faith with me. I don;t mean to say I won't speak or be friends with her, but she needs to be at arms length, both physically and emotionally.

(And for the record the girl from high school was with some other dude 2 weeks after I'd last seen her. No need for that crazy chick on the bus to be shouting up all this crap at me 6 years later. ...'Waited' pffff. :p )
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 9
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/21/2010 10:18 am
to keep the serious-spirit:
I kind of agree with you on that, although I never had a gf who was unfaithful.. breakups always occurred because it just didn't work out, though most of the times we ended up still having a soft spot for each other hence the 'friendship' afterwards and the complicated situations that follow.. no matter how a relationship went, it's never fun to see ex's with someone else no matter what anyone might say ;)
most of the time I just end up in a relationship cause of a strong friendship with someone, hence it's harder to break ties with them

I just threw a late night bbq/party (sorry I couldnt invite you guys ;)) and my friends kept trying to persuade me to break contact with my ex that has been going on for over 4 years, and proudly they succeeded :p

now I wanna know Rickblacker's story as well! :D
# 10
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
07/21/2010 7:46 pm
My story? I'm a bit scatter brained at times, always have 25 things computing at any given time. My wife is always on me for not listening. It's not that I'm not listening, it's just that processing her information gets lost in the mix sometimes..

SO, having said that... What story did I have? Did I start to talk about something in chat the other day that I didn't finish?

I agree that seeing an ex with someone else is not comfortable. But then again... I suppose it can be a blessing in some cases :D
# 11
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/26/2010 3:40 pm
lol, you didn't tell any story in the chat...yet :p

I'm scatter brained as well, sometimes it's really funny like when someone's just chatting on and on and on and all you hear is this buzzing sound somewhere far away, and they don't even notice :p just nod and wave..nod and wave..

I always tell people either to live with it or find a way to get my attention, getting angry does not suffice :D

well on to topic, I survived the week, went to my parents, had a party at a distant friend and almost totally disconnected myself from any form of communication possible, yes almost totally cause after those beers I could still make perfect sense.. :o
guess I wasn't that fanatic about disconnecting myself from the world :rolleyes: nonetheless it worked! :D
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.