View post (Ex-week (partially))

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
07/20/2010 11:33 am
Originally Posted by: GuitarPsy
actually I'm rather curious on how you deal with that, do you have a standard way of 'when it's over, she/he's out of my life'..
..or are you more like me that you've got your 'was nice girl, we didn't fit, no biggie', and your 'was really nice girl, wished we worked better together cause she's sexeeyh! :p' and your 'the possible one, things went wrong cuz you were too young and too frisky :rolleyes:

To get serious for a moment, I move on. Once it's done, it's done.

There is only one chance at trust, and if it's broken, that's it. That doesn't necessarily mean infidelity, but a break up for any reason. If I break up with her, it's basically going to have to be because she was unfaithful in some way. And that's the end of it: She's then beneath my standards as a human being. I may not be perfect, but I am loyal and faithful, and anyone rubbing that trust in the dirt can go to hell.

If she breaks up with me (and it happened once ;) ), then a trust is again broken. She's not returning the loyalty I offer, so she can't be trusted not to do it again if we're having a rough patch. I'm not living with that. I don't believe in marriage, but I have weirdly strong feelings about commitment to a relationship.

In either case, I just shut it down and move on. May not be the healthiest thing, but that's what I have done. No sense stringing my heart out over someone I can't trust, or has broken faith with me. I don;t mean to say I won't speak or be friends with her, but she needs to be at arms length, both physically and emotionally.

(And for the record the girl from high school was with some other dude 2 weeks after I'd last seen her. No need for that crazy chick on the bus to be shouting up all this crap at me 6 years later. ...'Waited' pffff. :p )
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.