View post (Those "On" Days)

View thread

GuitarPlayer479
GuitarPlayer479
06/06/2010 3:25 pm
Originally Posted by: RazboWe post a lot about having trouble with this or that. How about those days when you are on? When you are fully relaxed and everything just flows...

I've had a couple lately. Not that my playing is perfect, but I get into a zone where I'm totally relaxed, and time almost seems to slow. I know where I'm at and don't need to think about that, instead, I'm planning where I want to be next and how I'll get there.

I think an analogy might be driving. Like when you first start, it's a little overwhelming, all the things you need to be on top of: blinkers & brakes & clutches and not hitting anything lol. Then the mechanics of driving become second nature and you just start focusing on the road ahead.

It's like a little taste of what it must be like to be truly skilled. ....Someday.... :)

I'm still at the "blinkers & brakes & clutches and not hitting anything" stage (good analogy) - the other day I was showing my son my new guitar and failed miserably in demonstrating any skill. It set me back at the time but maybe one day I'll get in the zone when there's an audience rather than just when I'm on my own.