I need a new electro-acoustic - any advice?

NickEdgar67
NickEdgar67
05/25/2010 6:54 pm
My old Washburn copy has been declared beyond repair with a collapsing soundboard after 16 years of faithful and hard-working service. I need to replace it, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice - though it may depend on what I can get in a good second-hand deal.

My budget is around £600 ($850, though UK prices tend to be higher than US). I may be able to stretch a bit more if I can justify it for the end result.

The wish list is for a versatile guitar, with this the order of priorities;

Good acoustic sound, with enough sensitivity for fingerpicked Gershwin accompaniments to my daughter's singing and enough volume to strum and lead 200 kids singing in school worship.

Decent amplified sound for leading worship in church with a full band, though I'm not averse to putting it through a Zoom processor if I need to improve the amplified tone. At the moment this is only about once a month, hence not such a high priority.

Low enough action to learn some jazz!

Comfortable to play seated or standing.

So, not asking too much... Any ideas? Should I be looking for good second-hand, or is there a real advantage to buying new?

Rev'd NickEdgar
# 1
NickEdgar67
NickEdgar67
05/27/2010 9:29 am
Needing to get on with this, I went for a tour of guitar shops, fell in love with and bought a LAG DCE333. Beautiful acoustic and amplified.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.