Got shafted on eBay... Kind of.

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
04/03/2010 12:11 am
Got a m-audio Fast Track Ultra off Ebay. Guy says it's brand new in the box. Ok... So I buy it. Gets here, everything looks good..... Up until I open the little box that has the power cord in it. It's a FRIGGEN British power cord.

Now, you THINK, since he is in the US, I'm in the US, he may have wanted to say something, but NOOOOOOOOOOO..... He decides to offload his European version onto some sucker.

Needless to say, you can insert very colorful words to describe what I think of him.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
04/03/2010 11:27 am
Ah, man that sucks. What kind of feedback did you give? Are you going to try and return it?

I think there are adapters for that. I've seen them for shaving kits and whatnot for travelling, so probably not too expensive.

Caveat Ebay ...or something.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
04/03/2010 2:45 pm
Originally Posted by: RickBlackerGot a m-audio Fast Track Ultra off Ebay. Guy says it's brand new in the box. Ok... So I buy it. Gets here, everything looks good..... Up until I open the little box that has the power cord in it. It's a FRIGGEN brittish power cord.

Now, you THINK, since he is in the US, I'm in the US, he may have wanted to say something, but NOOOOOOOOOOO..... He decides to offload his European version onto some sucker.

Needless to say, you can insert very colorfull words to describe what I think of him.

I was thinking of pointing and laughing but that would be mean. :D

Thing is, not all is lost, you can get a step up/step down converter pretty cheap like shown here.

Just gotta make sure that yours doesn't exceed the max voltage of the converter. Likely the M-Audio won't come anywhere near the voltage max.
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
04/03/2010 4:49 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65I was thinking of pointing and laughing but that would be mean. :D

Laugh it up bung-hole.

No, I've not done anything other than whine about it. I'm not too worried about it. What is so odd about all this, is this: I just got my M-Audio yesterday and last weekend I was down helping my mother out. Now, mind you I love my mom, but she can be a bit of a pack rat. Often times when I go down to visit she'll have found something somewhere she just thinks I need to have and gets it. Anyway... So, I'd down there last weekend and she happens to have a damn Euro to US power converter, here you might want this. I looked at her shook my head and asked, now just what do you think I'm going to need that for?

Her reply? Well, I dunno, you never know when you might need one of these.

Irony at it's best!!!
# 4
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
04/03/2010 6:31 pm
Originally Posted by: RickBlacker

Irony at it's best!!!

Or fate. Or Kismet. Or just plain ol' dumb luck. That's awesome!
# 5
Carmine M
Carmine M
04/03/2010 8:24 pm
You can come over here to use it :D

Regards,

cm

# 6
JeffS65
JeffS65
04/03/2010 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: RickBlackerLaugh it up bung-hole.

No, I've not done anything other than whine about it. I'm not too worried about it. What is so odd about all this, is this: I just got my M-Audio yesterday and last weekend I was down helping my mother out. Now, mind you I love my mom, but she can be a bit of a pack rat. Often times when I go down to visit she'll have found something somewhere she just thinks I need to have and gets it. Anyway... So, I'd down there last weekend and she happens to have a damn Euro to US power converter, here you might want this. I looked at her shook my head and asked, now just what do you think I'm going to need that for?

Her reply? Well, I dunno, you never know when you might need one of these.

Irony at it's best!!!

It makes those moments when you were a kid and thought the folks had psychic abilities, got older and thought 'Naw...'; makes you re-think that deal doesn't it?
# 7
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
04/04/2010 3:52 pm
Originally Posted by: carminemarottaYou can come over here to use it :D

Uh huh.... I'll just hop right on over. Be there in 10 minutes. ;)

So, even the adapter was incorrect. It's US to Euro, not Euro to US like I need.

Oh well.
# 8
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
04/06/2010 6:57 pm
Got tired of farting around with the guy/company/whatever on eBay. Just called m-audio to find out if an American style power chord would work and was planning on purchasing one directly from them...

The support guy just gave me one and sending it out today!
They just made a new returning customer!
# 9
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
04/06/2010 7:01 pm
Originally Posted by: RickBlacker
The support guy just gave me one and sending it out today!
They just made a new returning customer!

Customer service goes a long way with me, too. I'll even pay more if I'm treated right.

Edit: Well, a little more anyway. :rolleyes:
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.