Upgrade Advice Needed

jazzn01
jazzn01
03/15/2010 6:36 pm
Having been a member for 6 months I have just finished Fundamentals 1 & 2 and think it's time to move on to more challanges such as the blues primer.

I have an "E-bay Special" electric hollowbody made by Davison Guitars. It is a knock off of the Gibson Les Paul Hollowbody Sunburst and even though it came from China the sound is not that bad.

I really like the Looks, feel and style of this guitar so am considering upgrading whatever components that will offer the sound and quality of a real gibson.

Any advise will sure be appreciated.

Also, a BIG thank you to all you regulars that have helped me and others by offering much needed advise in the forums. I learn as much from this as in the regular lessons and it is much appreciated.

Jazzn
# 1
electric circus
electric circus
03/16/2010 12:12 am
ok im confused. are you just upgrading componets or guitars?
nothing sounds of feels like a gibson in my opinion.
if a gibson is what you want then stop at nothing until you get
your gibson. keep playing what you have.
then one day soon that day will come and when you get the gibson
home the rewards will be that much more sweet.
another 80s metal fan.
# 2
Lilbiker
Strung Out
Lilbiker
Strung Out
03/16/2010 1:32 pm
I agree with Electric Circus, if is a Gibson you want then save until you can get one. I have a knock off Fender Strat which is the guitar that I love. Mine also sounds pretty good for the price tag. The only thing I have done to mine is order a new Black Pearl pick guard which cost me 23.00 with shipping.

At 46 and just playing for the enjoyment I will probably never upgrade to a real Fender unless this one dies or if my son decides he wants to take up guitar and at 4 1/2 there is no telling what if anything he will want to play.

Save for the big purchase and don't worry about upgrading that one.

Rock on
Jaime
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.