Fogerty Tone and Gear

Eldibar
Eldibar
02/27/2010 5:24 pm
Hi, I have been searching all over without success trying to find what gear John Fogerty uses to get that lovely tone he produces. Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
# 1
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2010 1:30 am
I don't know what he uses exactly, but can offer this advice. It comes from his fingers and feel. Sure. You can buy all the gear in the world and get exactly what your favorite players use. But, you won't sound like them simply because they are them, and you are you. You want the tone, learn his playing and licks. With time, you can convey that sound on any instrument as if John Fogerty picked up your guitar. If he did, he would sound like John.

That being said, learn his songs and playing style. Than, the tone is yours mixed with some influence of one of your favorite players. ;)
Douglas Showalter
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/10/2010 1:56 am
Originally Posted by: EldibarHi, I have been searching all over without success trying to find what gear John Fogerty uses to get that lovely tone he produces. Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Ask and ye shall receive :D :
http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Lifestyle/Features/john%2Dfogerty%2D0122/

In short, it's a Les Paul and DADF#AD tuning (almost like the DADGAD of Kashmir).

I get the Gibson newsletter and it has tons of cool stuff...hope that helps.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.