Strat pickup

jameslacroix
jameslacroix
02/20/2010 6:14 pm
I was looking at a neck pickup on ebay and was wondering if it would also work for the bridge. currently i have a humbucker in the bridge and single coils in the center and neck
# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
02/21/2010 1:14 pm
Originally Posted by: jameslacroixI was looking at a neck pickup on ebay and was wondering if it would also work for the bridge. currently i have a humbucker in the bridge and single coils in the center and neck

From a literal stand point; it will work with both fit and an electronics/sound point of view so long as you're trying to fit a humbucker to a spot where there is already a humbucker.

The question is whether or not the pick up will get you a sound that you will like. In the case of humbuckers, neck pickups tend to be a bit more mellow in tone to create that softer and more melodic vibe. Bridge humbuckers tend to be a but brighter and more aggressive/hot to give a more rock driven punch.

So it's a matter of what kind of sound you want out of a pick up. If your a metal player, it may not be the right choice but if you lean towards a more mellow fare, it may be the perfect choice.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.