Epiphone Swingster & VOX VT15 Amp

SALindgren
SALindgren
02/01/2010 9:01 pm
Hello, All :)

Have recently purchased and received Gibson Epiphone Wine Red Swingster electric guitar, a VOX VT15 Modeling amp w/pedal & phones, a black & burgandy tooled leather LEVY guitar strap (extra long 'cause I'm extra tall and wide), and a hard case for the swingster.

Everything was ordered from Sweetwater. This being my first purchase experience with Sweetwater, I was elated! From the get-go, the service was wonderful; knowledgeable, polite, helpful and quick to respond. Sweetwater also saved me big money, where others who claim to did not even come close!!!! Sweetwater WILL be my main music supply contact in the future.

Guitar and equipment were delivered in primo condition. Guitar sounds AWESOME! VOX amp handles just about everyting I want to play; 22 modeling amps & 11 effects w/anytime reverb and a seperate power control knob on the back.....glad I made the purchases that I have made.

For under $630, the wine red swingster is an amazing buy; quality built, quality parts...and looks and sounds fantastic!!

Can't wait to hear from others who have bought, or are buying a swingster!!1

I am a newbie just learning to play; wish me luck :)

I also have a '67 K200 Kustom designed by Roy Clark and a fella named Roth.
And a Rogue accousit; cheap, but pretty and sounds great.
And a Fender R25 amp w/phones.

All I need is to learn how to play!!!!!!

I like, in the order of preference: country, lLight Rock, Oldies, Folk and smooth Jazz; maybe a little Blues, also.

I'm 62, on my second marraige, have a snowshoe cat, love computers and am into digital photography...mostly wildlife.

Give me a reply and say Hello!!! :)
# 1
compart1
compart1
02/01/2010 9:19 pm
Hey SALindgren...
Welcome to GT..
Sounds like your ready to get with the program..
Good luck with the learning venture..
# 2
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
02/02/2010 12:17 am
congratz on the buy hope it stays perfect for you. i dont have any experence with the swingster but i do love vox amps.

while it sounds negative its but in the future you should really try before you buy. just head over to your local shop or guitar center and try what you want. and the best part is you dont need to buy it on the spot, but if you do decide to buy sometimes you might be able to get a really good deal on it or even get your self some pickup upgrades or even a good price on a case. just like when you buying a used car dont be too interested in it and they might start knocking some off the price.

good luck on learning and have some great fun.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 3
SALindgren
SALindgren
02/02/2010 5:00 pm
Howdy....
I researched very heavily prior to purchasing...for several months. I listened to the the guitar & amp demos, read the online manuals and spoke with many professionals regarding knowledge relating to my interests.

I pretty well new what I wanted by the time I made my purchaes. Now having and utilizing the equipment, I know that i did, indeed, make the correct choices for me.

I suppose not everyone can do that, but, like I said, I HEAVILY researched all of the products of interest to me prior to ordering. I also made sure that Sweetwater had a policy of return after so many days if purchaser is not satisfied; they give it a month for returns.

Sooooo...it was a no loose situation for me. And, as I said previously, Sweetwater beat every other supply outfit...hands down!!!

For both my Swingster and Kustom, the VOX VT15 and the Fednder R25 do everything I need (play in the house; no gigs......remember, I am just learning).

Will begin the GT lesons (fundamentals) as soon as both my Levy guitar strap, and my Swingster hard case arrive later on this month.

I want to protect the instrument. And I want to wear the guitar properly from the get go.

Am really excited about beginning the GT trek to being able to play!!!
I expect to devote at least an hour a night to practice...maybe (probably) more.

Thank You for your suggestions and support :)
# 4
SALindgren
SALindgren
02/02/2010 5:03 pm
Anyone else purchase a Gibson Epiphone Swingster guitar yet???
Pros? Con? :):):)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.