New from Alaska

Otto Ray Sing
Otto Ray Sing
11/27/2009 5:44 am
I'm new here, but this is my third time at the guitar. My first attempt was when I was a youth. I had a junk guitar, and a teacher that was obviously used to people that had prior musical knowledge. The next attempt was twenty plus years ago. I had a good guitar, but a cheap guitar, and I was teaching myself. I was doing fairly well, but economic conditions forced me to have to sell my equipment.

This time I've got a very good guitar, Fender Stratocaster, and a good amp, Ibanez Mimix65. I've been working with it for a couple of months, and I'm making good progress, but there's much that I need to learn, and I want to learn it correctly. After much searching, I feel that this site best suits my needs.

I now live in Kodiak Alaska, but I'm originally from Oskaloosa Iowa. I was involved in dirt track stock car racing when I was younger, and have a love for classic cars, especially Chevrolet Impalas from 1958-76.
We grow too soon old, and too late smart.
# 1
compart1
compart1
11/27/2009 12:45 pm
Welcome to GT Otto..
Tons of thing here to learn...
Plenty of help also..
good luck and keep pickin'
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/30/2009 5:50 am
Nice! I am traveling to Alaska in February for a gig. Welcome to GT and best of luck in your journey. Keep me posted on your process.
Douglas Showalter
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.