And now for something completely different.. (seriously..)

333maxwell
333maxwell
09/29/2009 5:46 pm
Ok... uh.... well..

I wrote and recorded this one yesterday.. a few things to know about it..

First off it is in mono.. being I am totally deaf in my right ear I get so tired of the music playing second fiddle to stereo imaging, on this one I said 'to heck with it'.. instead of guessing I know exactly what I put before you.. I tend to think Mono works great for a song like this.. hardly low tech.. I am using it by intent.. *L*

Secondly, if you do have a listen I would like to draw attention to the Bass.. working it out and performing it all the way through was fairly tedious as it isn't just standard 'boom boom'.

Thirdly, I'd like to know what people think about mono for a song like this.. would it really be that much better to you if it was in stereo, or does the musical point get across without it? This I really would like to hear thoughts on..

So without further adieu, in all it's obscure glory..
I present

Dream Girl
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8155367

Peace~
# 1
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/01/2009 9:53 pm
Sounds good! The song has great vocal harmonies and interesting instrumentation. The mono mix is good and I feel the message is getting across. Nice chords and melody. Keep up the good work!
Douglas Showalter
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/02/2009 1:33 am
Great song. I usually would think that going away from stereo was a bad thing but I think the mono brings an immediacy to the mix that I think a more 'lush' stereo mix might bury.
# 3
nmguitars
Guitar Tricks Instructor
nmguitars
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/02/2009 9:06 pm
Seriously good piece of music - the old time feel is the sort of thing Paul McCartney was writing at one stage of the Beatles career (and is equally evocative of a lost era when all recorded music was mono).

Well done for daring to be different! :)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.