Gibson Les Paul Studio(worn cherry)

K2BT
K2BT
08/26/2009 6:55 pm
I've been a Strat guy for almost 40 years and I went and bought a Gibson Les Paul! That's heresy in some quarters. But I have to say that this Les Paul is a great guitar! I paid $799 at AMS. http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST-LIST
To get a real Les Paul for that price is a fabulous deal. It comes stock with Burstbucker Pro pickups, they are also used as the stock pup on some very expensive LP's. They sound great and I get that Les Paul growl that makes it hard to put the thing down. And good news! They don't weigh a ton like the older ones do! It is a little lighter then my ash Strat which is hard to believe. I bought a Les Paul goldtop for $350 in 1975. I used it on one gig and sold it a couple days later. It was too heavy to wear for 4 hours a night. So here I am 34 years later extolling the virtues of a Gibson Les Paul, who would'a figured? Coming from a Strat guy it tells you how good this guitar really is. The neck is modeled after the 50's Les Paul so it is a little bigger, but easy to get used to. The frets are big and any good guitar tech can fix that if it's bothersome. The big difference between this and the more expensive Les Paul models is the finish or eye candy. Someone once told me that for every half hour it takes to work on the finish adds $100 to the price of the guitar. So if you don't care about having a mirror finish with bindings this is the guitar for you. A real good Gibson Les Paul for under a grand? Amazing!!!
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Faded.aspx
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson SG Special
Marshall MA50 Head
Peavey Penta Full Stack Amp
Peavey Windsor Half-Stack
Boss GT-10 Guitar Processor
Springfield 1911 - 45cal to protect investment

K2BT- my amateur(ham) radio call sign
# 1
latenights
latenights
09/10/2009 7:23 am
My brother just bought one and got his on sale for $799. I can't remember where he got it, I think it was ZZ Sounds. They are nice.
Originally Posted by: K2BTI've been a Strat guy for almost 40 years and I went and bought a Gibson Les Paul! That's heresy in some quarters. But I have to say that this Les Paul is a great guitar! I paid $799 at AMS. http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST-LIST
To get a real Les Paul for that price is a fabulous deal. It comes stock with Burstbucker Pro pickups, they are also used as the stock pup on some very expensive LP's. They sound great and I get that Les Paul growl that makes it hard to put the thing down. And good news! They don't weigh a ton like the older ones do! It is a little lighter then my ash Strat which is hard to believe. I bought a Les Paul goldtop for $350 in 1975. I used it on one gig and sold it a couple days later. It was too heavy to wear for 4 hours a night. So here I am 34 years later extolling the virtues of a Gibson Les Paul, who would'a figured? Coming from a Strat guy it tells you how good this guitar really is. The neck is modeled after the 50's Les Paul so it is a little bigger, but easy to get used to. The frets are big and any good guitar tech can fix that if it's bothersome. The big difference between this and the more expensive Les Paul models is the finish or eye candy. Someone once told me that for every half hour it takes to work on the finish adds $100 to the price of the guitar. So if you don't care about having a mirror finish with bindings this is the guitar for you. A real good Gibson Les Paul for under a grand? Amazing!!!
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Faded.aspx

# 2
Born Toulouse
Born Toulouse
09/13/2009 1:28 am
IMHO it is the best bang for the buck. Look, finish, and tone/sound are fabulous. Love the acoustic sound of this ax late at night when everybody is asleep. When they're gone "LET IT ROCK!!" Best thing is it has all the LP vibe without the price tag. Think Martin D-15. It's a working man's guitar.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.