I'm Back...

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
08/19/2009 12:47 pm
Hey everyone, I jumped back on the waggon with GT the other day trying to spark some fire back up in my playing. I am taking regular lessons, but I am stuck in the awkward spot where I am not a beginner, but yet not good enough to go hit the jams just yet. I found myself getting frustrated (and bored) here lately causing me to not practice as much as I did a month ago. So I decided to jump on here to try and get some excitement back. Look forward to hanging out with everyone here on GT and hopefully learn a bunch more. Wish me luck....
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 1
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/19/2009 1:41 pm
Welcome back Maveric
Doug
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/20/2009 1:47 am
Hey Maveric,

We're glad you're back. What are you working on these days?

-Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
08/20/2009 12:15 pm
Well, to be honest .... the last two weeks I haven't been working on much of nothing. I do spend 30 minutes a day on a site I found that has a jam player (much like the one here on GT) I play along with. I lost a lot of my moral and eagerness to practice here lately. You all know how it is when we just get that funk about us when we get hit with a lot of life's up and downs.

That is the main reason I joined back up with GT. I don't want to put the guitar down like I did a couple of years ago. I'm hoping GT will help me throw a little fire back in the guitar category. Also to be around others in my same boat with trying to play as me. I figured that had to be some kind of good medicine.... Right?...lol
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 4
Greg Vinson
Greg Vinson
08/28/2009 3:41 pm
Originally Posted by: MAVERIC777Well, to be honest .... the last two weeks I haven't been working on much of nothing. I do spend 30 minutes a day on a site I found that has a jam player (much like the one here on GT) I play along with. I lost a lot of my moral and eagerness to practice here lately. You all know how it is when we just get that funk about us when we get hit with a lot of life's up and downs.

That is the main reason I joined back up with GT. I don't want to put the guitar down like I did a couple of years ago. I'm hoping GT will help me throw a little fire back in the guitar category. Also to be around others in my same boat with trying to play as me. I figured that had to be some kind of good medicine.... Right?...lol

Cheers Maveric, you are very smart to reach out; there is no better cure for the doldrums than taking the initiative to ask for help from empathetic people who share your interests. I hope you make it a point to always do some playing just for fun along with all the work to improve. You know what they say "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.