View post (I'm Back...)

View thread

Greg Vinson
Greg Vinson
08/28/2009 3:41 pm
Originally Posted by: MAVERIC777Well, to be honest .... the last two weeks I haven't been working on much of nothing. I do spend 30 minutes a day on a site I found that has a jam player (much like the one here on GT) I play along with. I lost a lot of my moral and eagerness to practice here lately. You all know how it is when we just get that funk about us when we get hit with a lot of life's up and downs.

That is the main reason I joined back up with GT. I don't want to put the guitar down like I did a couple of years ago. I'm hoping GT will help me throw a little fire back in the guitar category. Also to be around others in my same boat with trying to play as me. I figured that had to be some kind of good medicine.... Right?...lol

Cheers Maveric, you are very smart to reach out; there is no better cure for the doldrums than taking the initiative to ask for help from empathetic people who share your interests. I hope you make it a point to always do some playing just for fun along with all the work to improve. You know what they say "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".