Getting Tonsils Out

Rykoshet
Rykoshet
07/06/2009 6:41 am
I'm trying to stay positive even as I get ready to remove them. I won't miss them one bit, it's been pretty bad the last year.

On the plus side, is it likely to affect my voice, speaking or singing? If it added grit that'd be pretty cool, like a Joe Cocker effect, or a male Janis Joplin.

I'm pretty sure nothing will change though :(

Anybody had theirs taken out? Not exactly scared, but a stories of successful operations are always welcome.
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
07/06/2009 9:00 am
Sorry Rykoshet,
I've never had mine out but it's a pretty common operation, I'm sure you'll be fine. That would be cool if you got a voice upgrade though. Probably be normal like you say I would think.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
BeepBeepDan
BeepBeepDan
07/11/2009 6:40 pm
Ask for laughing gas, it'll be the best trip to dentist you've ever had. I guarantee it.
# 3
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
07/12/2009 2:56 am
my girlfriend had them out at age 31...5 years ago. They say the older, the harder but youll be ok. The first day is the best...guess you are still tired and worn from the surgery. Day 2 youll feel it more. Make sure you have plenty of soft foods made ahead of time..liquid protein drinks...mashed potatos...jello..pudding....ice pops will help too not only with numbing but inflamation. Stay away from acidic things like orange juice. That will burn. They will most likely give you liquid pain killer and medicines. It really is a very common thing and they do it with a lot more advanced technology now and laser them off instead of cutting like they did years ago. Take your meds and youll be good to go!
Good luck
# 4
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
07/12/2009 9:12 pm
Hey All,
Can't forget about the ice cream, and I've heard that tea bags wrapped in gauze will help reduce swelling. You might ask the doctor, before you try it though. Let us know how you're doing, and don't eat too much ice cream.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.