Birth of the Blues: Joe Bonamassa

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/31/2009 12:23 am
Birth of the Blues: Joe Bonamassa
By Hunter60

The 31-year-old Bonamassa has amassed more time touring than many musicians with twenty years on him in age and he has developed a rather unique attitude towards his position in the music business. When asked in a recent interview why he has never been mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine, Bonamassa said "These people come to the gigs and try to play Colonel Tom Parker with me. They'll say "Well, I can do this for you". I tell them "I don't need this, my friend. Do you see an empty seat in this place? No? Okay, fine". Do I have a chip on my shoulder about what I have to do to get a mention in Rolling Stone? Yeah, maybe. But at the end of the day, do I play bigger venues than some of the other people who are consistently mentioned in Rolling Stone? Yes. Do I have to take a pay cut to be in Rolling Stone?"

But along with his intense guitar work, Bonamassa is quickly becoming an ambassador of the blues with his work with 'Blues In School' program. When his schedule allows, Bonamassa will go into the local schools and give talks with the students about the blues and its history as well as playing for the students.

With the prospects of a long career ahead of him, Bonamassa will continue to keep the traditional blues alive all the while plying his own unique mix of musical alchemy to keep it fresh and exciting. And with a covey of exceptional new talent taking their cue from Bonamassa and others like him, the future of blues seems anything but ready for the musical bone yard.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.