View post (first time recording)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/29/2009 7:14 pm
Looking for a jump start if anyone has a quick answer to my woes. I am attempting my own first time recording and I can't seem to get things working at all. I've been surfing forums & reading manuals and I'm getting a tad frustrated because I'm not finding the right answer and I'm not even sure which part is the problem.

I picked up a DigiTech RP 250. I downloaded and installed all the firmware upgrades and the X-Edit software. I got the USB cable and attached the RP 250 to the PC and even watched as Windows told me it found and installed a new MIDI device. PC patch editing is very cool and the pedal is otherwise working awesome! Since the editor works, I think I can assume that part is fine.

[Edit: New info]
I have output from Reaper. I can get the sample project out put thru my amp, so it's working in one direction at least. Just not recording.
[end edit]

I then installed the Reaper software and am unable to pick up the signal from the device. I've got the DigiTech recognized in the Reaper software and I can select it, but it does not seem to pick it up.

I've been trying different selections in Windows Recording & Playback options. I don't know if I just haven't hit the correct combination yet, or if I'm still missing a link or what. I have absolutely 0 experience with this

I doubt it is Reaper or the pedal since both those parts appear to "see and be seen"; I think it's something in Windows I have not set right, but that's only a guess.

I thought I'd throw out this plea for help while I continue sifting the various forums & manuals. Am running Windows XP sp3 and I only have an integrated sound card at the moment.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.