Coheed and Cambria

liarcangel
liarcangel
02/13/2009 3:20 pm
So, I went over the threads in here for the last year to make sure noone has brought this up yet...but Coheed. To anyone who has listened to them, you know the name, the vocals, and the sound. Although I have had a very hard time identifying where their different stylings come from in their writing, as it seems to vary greatly from not just album to album, but track to track (ex. The Suffering vs. Welcome Home vs. The Final Cut, all on the same album) I have tried very hard to mimic a style like theirs, but it has become very difficult to figure out just what that style is, and if it may in fact be the differences in style between Claudio and Travis...anyways...any other thoughts?
# 1
Monakhi
Monakhi
03/06/2009 6:15 pm
welcome home has an amazing riff intro and the running free is a great song
# 2
Brad Litton
Brad Litton
04/03/2009 3:35 am
Coheed is awesome, I lived in their hometown and I must say, they have some loyal fans. I really like Second Stage Turbine Blade, y'know, the really early post-hardcore stuff, but their 2 latest have blown my mind! They just keep getting better! I just got the Neverender box set and can't wait to watch the DVDs so I can see the albums LIVE finally! Isn't that an awesome idea? Perform all your albums live and then sell DVDs/CDs of them? I can't count how many bands I've said "I wish I could hear that live" about, and now Coheed has made it possible.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.