December GT Solo - Voting Thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
01/06/2009 6:08 pm
Please vote for the one you enjoyed the most, and leave comments about the one you voted for and the others as well.

December backing track was provided by mpaq.

mpaq

light487

SilimTao

WrigglerUK

equator
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 1
WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
01/06/2009 10:01 pm
Shamefully, I hadn't listened to Mpaq's take until just now! I hadn't associated the song with the subsequent BT... its a very good song, the guitar and vocal fit together well and the phrasing of the lead is perfectly in place. A bit more aggression on the vocal would be better, it would be a really good rock song.

My vote however went to Equator, simply for not falling into the cowbell trap! All the rest of us more or less went the same way, a rocky/boogie type take.
Equator was different, and a cool fluid style with some unexpected phrases melding into a rockin' outro. Well done to you sir!
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?
# 2
mpaq
mpaq
01/07/2009 3:15 pm
ive already commented individually, but heres a few more brief comments. My vote went to Wriggler.

I could just have easily went with Equator, but i like the way Wrigs dual guitar work came together. Gave the track more of a rock feel which is what i was trying to go for when i did the BT.

Equator..very creative and inventive track as well, those short but fast ascending runs you do add a lot of interest.

Light: Your playing is really very good, your second take was much better than your first, sound and tone wise. I really like your style and your phrasing is always well planned and executed. However on this particular track i felt that it sounded a bit too structured for this type of backer. I dunno, just seemed overly melodic....on a different backing track it would have been right on.

Slim: Man i cant wait for you to get your tech issues sorted out. There were some real gems in your OUCH take that I would like to hear again. Emphasis on the word "hear" :) hahaha...just winding you up man, great effort in spite of the frustration you had to deal with.

Overall, thanks guys for all your comments on my track and for playing over it to give me some more ideas.
See you all on the January track!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.