View post (Amps)

View thread

booth421
booth421
12/29/2001 6:29 am
El Groupo,
Don't fall for the size, or the illusion of size..There used to be bands(and still may be)that set up dummy marshall stacks with no speakers, and put a mike on a pig-nose in back of the drummer..
I guess we should take the zuccini out of our trousers, and crank small amps that sound really good... Say farwell to fantasy land, welcome to reality..
Don't worry what others think, because all of the great guitarists never did concern themselves with outside influences..
Go against the grain, make recordings of your horrible mistakes and make them magical, if you hate blues--learn to play blues, same with country, or pop, or cartoon music..If you can't stand to play clean, well you get the point..
Here's the challenge: listen to jazz or classical for a whole week..The idea is not to focus on the latest Vinnie Moore lick, and more importantly, not to focus on ANYONE elses licks at all..You may dicover YOUR voice, when you get rid of all the other voices.. I am not the only one who hears voices, am I?
Refuse to be pidgeon-holed.. Be unpredictable.. Take chances..Vast musical horizons await those who break the rules..

"Why wallow with eagles, when you can soar with pigs."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson