Effects in the Uk? info please...

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
12/17/2001 10:34 pm
Right, I've been looking into getting my self some multi-effects jobbies, and Everything I check on line is either US Canada or Australia... And how come stuff over here cost soooo much more?..
secondly, anyone know much about a didgitech rp 200?
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
12/18/2001 4:39 pm
Man, that's the same with me, I'm from France, and I have sometimes been to the US to buy a les paul, because it was half the price there!! So the plane ticket plus the guitar was cheaper than buying it here! I think it has to do with the dollar, that is very strong now, due to the Euro that is pretty weak (have you checked out the coins??) and to the companies who import the guitars, they have the exclusivity, so they can put the price tag they want!! add the taxes the governments have (it's 20.6% in france, I don't know in the UK)
You can see it's the same with movies, books, and video games, that sometimes go from double to triple of the price that you can have in the US or Japan...
I have bought the zen guitar CD, and with the shipping, handling, etc... I have paid it 5 dollars less than the price that I would have paid in my favorite store!! Well, it sucks...
# 2
DiscoSamurai
DiscoSamurai
12/28/2001 1:20 pm
I think alot of the reason for price difference is that there are not as many wholesale type musical shops in the UK compared to the US. Without alot of competition the prices remain high which sucks for us here in the UK.
I always found that the best way to get cheaper stuff in the UK was to 'befriend' a local music shop and then get them to sell you stuff at a discount cos you shop there all the time. I normally get about 10%+ off most stuff by doing this.

Hope thats an idea you can use.

Neal
# 3
Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
01/04/2002 7:47 pm
what a brill idea DiscoSamurai. i have spent over £3000(!) quid in my 7 years of guitaring and most of that has been at one shop so now i get 15% discount!
Tandem Felix
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.