Whre Can I FInd Strap Locks?

Erik2005
Erik2005
12/13/2001 6:29 am
Hello everyone

I have a Fender Standard Strat and I am looing for some strap locks. I looked on Musiciansfriend.com but could only find locking straps, not strap locks. So I figured maybe some of you guys could help me track some strap locks down =). Also, I am looking into a cabinent for Christmas, but I curretnly have a Fender Champ 12 (it is not possible to drive a cab with this right)? I am lookign at a 100 watt cab, what is the minimum head (wattage wise) I need to where the speakers will not be underpowered and blow? Also, I have heard of people running there guitar out to two seperate amps, one set to clean channel and the other set with distortion, so that you get a mix of both sounds. How exactly is this accomplished (splitting your guitar into the two seperate amps)? Thanks in advance!

-Erik
# 1
crazyguy
crazyguy
12/13/2001 12:31 pm
I think the strap lock I'm using is Jim Dunlop's make, if that helps. I've seen them in most of the music stores I usually visit.
I've never heard of underpowering the speakers and thus blowing them, but have someone else answer you that.
The device you use for splitting the signal can be as simple as a Y-cord, but what you need is an A-B box (or splitter box). They can feed the signal to either of the two outputs or even both,in some cases. I think Dunlop makes those as well.
Merry 100W Christmass!
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 2
howie50
howie50
12/17/2001 4:39 pm
I use the rubber seal from 'Grolsch' beer bottles, they're the old fashioned kind that you can re-seal, they make great strap locks and you get a good reason to drink beer. I hope you can get that kind of beer in America.
It takes 3 chords, 2 fingers and one asshole to play rock'n'roll
# 3
David Gilmour
David Gilmour
12/17/2001 6:21 pm
Dunlop makes strap locks which have a bit that you attach to your present strap and another bit that fits into the hole where your current strap buttons are. They're pretty cheap, probably no more than $20. If you run a search on "strap locks", I remember a topic on this a while back.

I think that 100W is way too much power for your current needs. You probably would never turn it up past 3 or 4. My 45W amp is just way too loud, even at 5 or 6, and is literally ear-drum shattering, without ear plugs, at 10.

If you're still considering anything over 50W, just ask Lordathastrings for his opinion...
see you on the dark side of the moon
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/18/2001 12:43 am
Fender uses the Shaller strap lock buttons on their guitars, you should be able to find a set at a guitar shop rather easily. Two of the four I visit have them in stock all the time. They're a bit of a pain to mount to your strap, but after you get them on good and tight they save you a whole lot of pain, suffering, and agony as your beloved axe drops to the floor. On the other hand, they make squeaking noises and confuse people who don't use them.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
12/19/2001 12:24 am
Originally posted by howie50
I use the rubber seal from 'Grolsch' beer bottles, they're the old fashioned kind that you can re-seal, they make great strap locks and you get a good reason to drink beer. I hope you can get that kind of beer in America.

Thats what I use too. The hardest part was drinking the beer. Your better off in the long run getting proper locks though.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/19/2001 10:28 pm
http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?client=25913080&action=SERVE&ITEM=catalog/p.html&A=%2BNAME_LINK%3DDunlop_Straplok_System
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.