Help with refinish

the fool
the fool
09/25/2008 7:42 am
Hello all- just recently acquired a beautiful a 1996 5a quilt gibson les paul florentine in emerald green that i want to get refinished in sunburst.

Does anyone here from Toronto, Canada know of a good place around the area who specializes in full refinishes and custom shop paint jobs?

I'm getting paranoid about getting the right person because it's such a beautiful instrument. I waited five years and cost me and an arm and a leg to finally find and get one of these babies, I'm not about to let anyone screw the paint job.

Can anyone help?

Also, is it possible to remove a finish if the green is stained into the grain. Someone told me that if the green paint from my guitar is stained into the grain, it would be impossible to remove the finish. Is this true?

Can anyone help?
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/07/2008 5:17 pm
I delayed replying because I don't know anyone in the Toronto area. If you can contact Greg Wilson in Ottawa, he can advise you.

Up front, I wouldn't get my hopes up about changing the colour. The green very likely is stained into the wood.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.