new songs up...bit of a mixed bag so check them out!

quickfingers
quickfingers
09/23/2008 8:27 pm
CLICKIE

so here's a breakdown of the tracks:

"Television" is an upbeat 3rd wave ska track, but it has some really cool changes in it that break the mold of typicality. this song took a lot of work to get where i wanted it to be, and there was initially supposed to be a trombone solo but flakiness prevailed and i ended up using sound clips in place of the solo. the guitar tone on this track is less-than desirable because i used the guitar i typically reserve for high-gain and yngwie shred. i use it for the song when i play it live, so i did the same thing for the recording but it came out real gritty due to the high-gain pickups .

"Dublocke" is just a little jam track, obviously inspired from the x-men theme song, but i laid down lyrics for the recording and took it somewhere we never would go while playing it live. tried going for a "chronic 2001" feel with it, haha.

"Surfcidal" is again another easy jam track that i thought would be cool to use a surfrock-type tone on. the guitar parts where recorded in about 20 minutes, and the only part where i pre-planned the part was the solo part at the end.

okay, that's about all i can say on the tracks. give them a listen and tell me what you think! feedback or comments in general would be appreciated.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
RGX312l
RGX312l
10/09/2008 5:13 am
If Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Led Zeppelin, The Beach Boys and Bob Marley came together to make a record, I bet it would sound like Opus 18.

Great song, really like all the changes , not just dynamically but tempo. You have one sick brian to have come up with this :)

Awesome!

RGX312L
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
10/15/2008 6:19 pm
hahaha, so you saw right through that "babe i'm gonna leave you" ripoff about a 1/3d of the way in. thank you for the comments, people usually love hearing this stuff live because it's so off the wall, but we never get too much overall interest becuase it's just too random. i blame myself for that but this band was entirely used to mess around with my creative overflow....i guess it shows. i'm in a reggae/roots band startup that is much more focused, music-wise.

but i would all suggest you find a few guys that don't mind getting odd stuff thrown at them, then proceed to create that odd stuff. :)
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.