View post (new songs up...bit of a mixed bag so check them out!)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
09/23/2008 8:27 pm
CLICKIE

so here's a breakdown of the tracks:

"Television" is an upbeat 3rd wave ska track, but it has some really cool changes in it that break the mold of typicality. this song took a lot of work to get where i wanted it to be, and there was initially supposed to be a trombone solo but flakiness prevailed and i ended up using sound clips in place of the solo. the guitar tone on this track is less-than desirable because i used the guitar i typically reserve for high-gain and yngwie shred. i use it for the song when i play it live, so i did the same thing for the recording but it came out real gritty due to the high-gain pickups .

"Dublocke" is just a little jam track, obviously inspired from the x-men theme song, but i laid down lyrics for the recording and took it somewhere we never would go while playing it live. tried going for a "chronic 2001" feel with it, haha.

"Surfcidal" is again another easy jam track that i thought would be cool to use a surfrock-type tone on. the guitar parts where recorded in about 20 minutes, and the only part where i pre-planned the part was the solo part at the end.

okay, that's about all i can say on the tracks. give them a listen and tell me what you think! feedback or comments in general would be appreciated.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE