View post (buying a gaming system)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
06/10/2008 1:35 pm
We have the Wii and the PS3, My son has the Xbox 360 that he keeps at his father's.

I'm more of a casual gamer so the Wii is fine for me, I'm totally hooked on Zelda and Spyro and Mario Galaxy was pretty trippy...

We chose the PS3 because of the blueray capabilities.. however I should note - that if you have a TV that doesn't support the appropriate resolution, you won't notice much of a difference in video quality. The PS3 has a few different systems out there - one with less memory and one with more. The higher memory one is also backwards compatible , where as the lesser memory one isn't for some reason.

Eric and my son enjoy the other games with on-line capabilities and the PS3 seems to be fine in that department.

A gaming console is like buying a guitar.. what everyone else likes isn't necessarily the best fit for you. I think they all have their pros and cons, and you have to just get what's right for you. I don't think there is anything terrible about any of the consoles.. just different.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.