View post (weight set?)

View thread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
06/10/2008 7:07 pm
i have seen jkd in action but i always liked small circle jujitsu more than heavy striking arts. (i have broke my right arm twice in my life and it sucks so i do strike much). if i remember my schooling in the combat arts, lees philosphy for jeet kun do was to be formless, while most arts rely on forms and 'katas' of one move always follows the next jkd was an idea that said the fighter should adapt his techs to the needs of the moment. but i could be wrong. anyway

the time i did see jkd is action is when i was in high school. we were in the dojo at lunch messing around with the foot pads and gloves. one fighter (the big guy) was a tkd said hes been doing it since he was a kid. the jkd guy was a little smaller, but was basicly mma he know arts from all over. and been doing jkd for a few years. the tkd guy started with the heavy kicks and 'katas' of tkd and basicly got put on his ass every 2 seconds by the jkd guy, who basicly just used strikes and throws. and thats it.

pure:

if you want to add bulk fast you might consider getting some militay training manuals. there might not bee any direct training you can use from them, but you might get some ideas on a 'bootcamp' sytle training regime.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.