View post (weight set?)

View thread

pure
pure
06/10/2008 6:28 pm
okay I don't mind the thread-hijaking, you're still being helpful

anyways yeah a gym is safer and I know i can push my limits there, but I'm the kind of person who doesn't like training in packed places. its also inconvenient when the machine I need to use is occupied.

I won't be doing any type of exercise that may compromise my head or neck.

and don't get me wrong, strength training is not all that I will do to prepare for track. I only plan to lift heavy weights until around november, and then I will begin conditioning again for the next spring. thats why i'm looking to gain as much strength and size as possible, because when I start conditioning I cannot strength train anymore. its all going to be straight running and whatever the coach makes me do from there on. I've tried strength training during track season, but strength training while doing intense running did not work well for me.

sprinters are generally the most muscular runners anyways. they're not HUGE like professional bodybuilders but the extra muscle helps with their speed

i hope to explain this in an equation..

power = force x displacement = kg*m2/s2

basically the more powerful you are, the heavier the load that you can carry, or the quicker pace in which a load can be carried.

therefore, if i train my body to carry a heavier load at the same pace than the load i currently carry (making myself more powerful), then my body will be able to move faster when the load is removed from my body.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks