Need help finding Beethoven tabs!

Hjorvard
Hjorvard
05/26/2008 10:08 pm
My mother ( an accomplished classical pianist of over forty years) wants to do a duet with me (a guitarist of little over two years) the idea is kinda intimidating but I'd like to give it a go. I need to know if any of you know where I can find tablature for Beethoven's Symphony No. 5, Second Movement
# 1
jamesplaysgitar
jamesplaysgitar
05/27/2008 2:09 am
ya know... i dont think ive ever, in my life seen a good internet tab for ANYTHING.
even tabs books mess up every once in a while... damnit.

you can find "fur elise" here on guitartricks though.
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
05/27/2008 4:15 am
www.classtab.org
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
05/27/2008 4:18 am
i know you might not want to hear this but..

here is a very good chance to learn how to read music. if your mom has the sheet music for piano you might not be looking for just a copy of that you might just be looking for string aragments instead. well start looking at sheet music sites and find the right one. then get some help from mom in tabbing them out for guitar. if she knows the staff notes and you know the notes of the neck it just might work.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
05/27/2008 4:22 am
i appologize, that has the first movement only. google it, i'm sure you'll find something.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
Hjorvard
Hjorvard
05/27/2008 5:25 pm
Yeah thats probably something I need to learn, when I first started learning guitar I tackled basic sheet music, but didnt go much beyond that. I will try that.
# 6
Superhuman
Superhuman
05/28/2008 1:13 pm
Hey Dude, this is something I've done a few times. I practice my chops and my ear by working out some of the classics like Beethoven, Paganini, Liszt and Brahms. It's also cool to play those through an electric guitar with a rock backing;-)
I tried Internet tabs and I have to say none of them were any good. The best way IMO to work them out is to download the midi file (loads of classical midi websites out there with just about every piece imaginable), then upload it into a sequencer (get Reaper if you don't already have one). Once loaded up you can easily identify the notes and slow the speed up and down to wahtever speed you want. You can also mute the instruments you don't want to hear to get exactly what you need from the score. Then just select whatever bars you want and loop them in your sequencer, after you work out the fingering you can play along with the loop at your own pace untill you get it accurate and work it up to the right speed. This is also a really great way of training your ear and learning about orchestration and composition.
# 7
sandollars
Eternal Student
sandollars
Eternal Student
05/29/2008 12:12 pm
Buy yourself Guitar Pro 5. It's a Tab translation program. It costs around 60 bucks and you can download it and start using it immediately once you input the license and key info sent to you by e-mail from them after you purchase it.

Once you have it, get your copy of the note music you want to have a tab for and input it into GP5. The program will write the tabs as you put down the notes. It will even play it for you so you can make sure you put it in right. I have found it also helps me learn to read the actual music in relation to finger positions on the fretboard. It's a great resource and an inexpensive way to get your tabs plus you are building your own library for future use or sharing with others. It prints out the music very professinal looking as opposed to those freebie programs that are all dots and dashes.

Check it out! I love it and it helps me keep up with my Dad as he is an avid sight reader and I am just a novice....
'01 Ramirez 1a
07 Martin D-35
'62 DiGiorgio Grande Sonoridad Brazillian Rosewood
90's Strat
90's Jazz Bass
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.