View post (A good man and great inspiration-Jason Becker)

View thread

Hjorvard
Hjorvard
05/22/2008 8:11 am
Alot of times, great guitarists or musicians in general will be bombarded with fanmail and worship, and either because of being to busy or having an ego the size of Cleveland, they ignore you. Whether it be on purpose or not, it still leaves a void in said fans life or at least a tad bit of frustration when no response is imminent.

Well, I was born with an incurable nueromuscular disorder as some of you know, and though it is pronounced more in my lower extremeties, the tension in my hands is so slight but just enough to cause a hinderance to my playing. At one point a couple months ago the frustration became so much I broke down. I didn't know who to turn too, and so I started listening to Jason Becker's music and thought if anyone could relate it'd be him.

So I wrote him, pouring my heart out and certainly not expecting to get a response, but lo and behold he did in fact write me back. Out of all he's gone through, he said I was in his thoughts and prayers and that he was sorry..when in all honesty I was more sorry that such a nice and talented guy had been stricken by the cruel hand of fate. But what inspires me the most isn't what he said to me, it's what he does everyday. He's so talented with so much music in his head and though he can only move his eyes he still writes and composes all the time.

It's because of his inspiration and perserverance that I won't ever give up, and I must say I'm getting pretty good too :) In anycase, not sure this post was going anywhere but I felt like sharing that little story.