Middle-easterners....

nathanael hale
nathanael hale
05/11/2008 8:19 pm
i have many acquiantances(nice ones who are middle-eastern,)but without being offensive,why do they in particular take so much flak from people everywhere?
# 1
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
05/11/2008 8:56 pm
because they have been defending their homes from outside invaders since alexander the great. and the conquerers dont like it when their targets fight back. terrorism is the only real weapon these people have left after 3000 years of fighting off invaders.

but thats just my opinion.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
05/11/2008 9:52 pm
Religious fanaticism in general leads to much flak-giving/receiving.
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/12/2008 2:07 am
Originally Posted by: BrokenJerabecause they have been defending their homes from outside invaders since alexander the great. and the conquerers dont like it when their targets fight back. terrorism is the only real weapon these people have left after 3000 years of fighting off invaders.

I have a view of the world: "people are people are people are people."

What you've said here at best only reflects half of a story. The other half of that story is of course that those same people have also invaded and conquered other people – prior to and since Alexander the Great. This is true of all of humanity and to say otherwise is pure revisionist history... 'we' all got to where we are by kicking somebody else out.

Power and affluence are in constant flux and, sadly, when one group has power over another, they generally abuse it. In a few generations the might of the conquerer wanes and the conquered return the favor (or perhaps conquer a third party). Just look at Kosovo or South Africa or Iraq [Shiah retaliation against Sunnis] or any other region of the world in turmoil. The initial justification is generally revenge but the truth is that it all runs much deeper and the evidence is everywhere from the history books to the languages we speak to the behavior of Chimpanzees.

Unfortunately between repressive regimes and poverty and sectarian and/or ethnic violence, life in the Middle East is obviously not so great right now. Thus, some middle eastern nations export terrorism which furthers a lot of negative opinions and most of them export people. Be they refugees or immigrants, 'foreigners' tend face a great deal of discrimination in their new countries until they've assimilated and a new batch of 'foreigners' show up.

It's wrong but it's human nature and we're all guilty of it to some extent.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
fuyu
Full Access
fuyu
Full Access
05/12/2008 6:56 am
I think it most likely has a lot to do with their culture.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.