View post (HOORAY!! My first guitar~~)

View thread

fuyu
Full Access
fuyu
Full Access
05/11/2008 5:49 am
Hi BrokenJera!! Thank you so much for your reply!

Originally Posted by: BrokenJerai think i own that exact model of ibanez, it would be the first electric i ever bought. if you do a good job taking care of it (keeping it clean, keeping the fretboard with just the right amount of conditioner, tuned, keeping the strings pretty fresh) it will be a good guitar for a long time. one day you might even consider just putting in some better pick ups and calling it a new guitar.[/QUOTE]Wow you own the same guitar! I had no idea I have to use conditioner!? I wonder if there's an area on this site where I could find information on how to take care of my equipment.. I'm completely clueless at this.

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'll do my best!! :D

[QUOTE=light487]Yeh, didn't mean to scare you.. hehe.. it's just a matter of setting a goal and working your way there. Want to play a particular song? Want to play a mad riff that you've always loved? Want to be able to write your own song/music? etc etc.. Set a goal and work towards it.. give yourself a purpose to practising guitar.. it also helps to answer the age old question of "What should I learn next?" because you have a goal and you know where you want to end up, you can take little baby steps until you reach it..

light437, no! You didn't scare me at all!! :D I was blown away -- amazed that something like that can eventually/actually be done! :)

Thank you so much for the advice!! Yes, I absolutely have a goal to be able to play a particular song! I don't know how long that'll take me to reach that point though lol. :o Eventually, I'd even like to be able to play LIKE one of my favorite artists.. but I know I'll have to work really hard at it to be able to achieve something like that. I can't wait until I'll be able to do it! I'm so excited about learning!