Fishman Acoustic Amp

looneytunes
looneytunes
04/28/2008 10:56 am
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the Fishman Loudbox Preformer Acoustic Ampifier. This past Saturday I had the chance to try one out at the local Guitar Center. It's a 130 watt system and it sounds great! I am think of using my tax rebate to purchase one.

It was so crisp and clear and had a lot of features including a hookup for a condenser mic. I thought is would be get for my small family gatherings. Recently I started playing for our local Peace Museum and I think this would work great.

My Martin hybrid (acoustic with bridge and condenser mic) has Fishman electronics including a built-in tuner. I really like it and have not had any trouble with it at all. I was just wondering if anyone had any good or bad experiences with this acoustic amp or any Fishman products.
# 1
boogiebob
boogiebob
05/12/2010 10:50 pm
In regards to your question about the Fishman Preformer acoustic amp, all I can say is WOW. I have owned one for several years and cannot find ANYTHING to come even close to the sound, tone and clairity of this amp. I give it a 10 on all counts. I'm sure you probably own one by now so this is way to late to help but I had to at least sing it's praises one more time. You can find my review on Harmony-Central under BoogieBob. Hope you got one and are still enjoying it, Bob
# 2
Anders Mouridsen
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Anders Mouridsen
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/12/2010 11:47 pm
Yes, those amps are absolutely awesome. I decided to go with a different acoustic rig, since I fly a lot and rarely am able to bring an amp.... Instead I bring a pedal board that makes my guitar sound good through any PA.

But those amps are awesome to sing and play through, and it sounds like the perfect piece of gear for what you're describing. Get it!!
# 3
Jays.traas
Jays.traas
05/14/2010 7:21 pm
Any chance you could tell us what you've got setup on that pedal board? :)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.