View post (Practicin chords)

View thread

dimin
dimin
04/27/2008 3:35 pm
Thanks for the responses folks. I have been plugging away, and ironically I am starting to play the "C" chord more cleanly, but I'm still having trouble getting that arch around enough to play the "G7" without that annoying buzz. And my wrist tires quickly when I try and stay with it for any duration, but I guess that will come with time. I do have a capo available and I'll give that a try also. I'm not unfamiliar with the "F" chord gang. :D In my many futile attempts to learn how to play this instrument on previous occasions, the "F" was one of my arch (no pun intended) enemies and probably one of the many reasons those previous attempts were doomed to failure. But not this time, there is no "quit" in me this time and "come hell or high water", I'm going to learn how to play this thing this time around. :) Any thoughts about the Takamini? I've always thought it was a beautiful instrument and the tone sounds great and it seems well constructed, but that's all strictly a novice's perception of it. It's never been "set up". Do you think it would be worth the money to look into that possibility? Finally, I also have an Epiphone Les Paul custom Ebony. Do you think I would be better served learning on the electric Epiphone or stick with the acoustic?
Thanks folks,
Dick