View post (Speech Patterns)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
04/22/2008 6:57 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunesEverything has rules and structure. If you vary too far, you loose meaning and the foundation of what you are trying to accompish. As I said, if you are writing for yourself you can do whatever you want, but if you are trying to publish, sell, or get another artist interested in doing your stuff, you must have some basic structure.

This is just my opinion and I was merely trying to help. I will consider the subject closed. Sorry, if I offend anyone.

Unless what I was trying to do was break down the widely accepted songwriting structure.

I understand what you're saying, and I just want to make it known I was not offended. I in turn am sorry if I sounded rude. I just don't think you can take any form of creativity and ascribe a set of rules to it. If I was trying to publish, interest people, etc., these rules you mentioned may very well help me -- but on the other hand, there has never been a drastic change in the popular style of art or literature or music without someone differing from the norm.

I'm not saying I'm that person, I'm just saying.