-dragonfire-
-dragonfire-
04/06/2008 8:44 pm
any of you into them? i'm thinking about getting their cd and learning it. :D
# 1
Sasuke199
Sasuke199
04/07/2008 1:16 am
I used to like Dragonforce, but now I've realized that they are bad. Their guitarists are nowhere near as good as they sound on the album. Not to mention their singer is rediculous and stupid sounding. I dislike their songs, and every single song is exactly the same thing.... About fighting a giant war, and flying around through fire..... Haha..
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
04/07/2008 11:53 am
They do have an interesting sound but it is true that they can't play their own material. The proof that their albums are made by splicing notes together is all over youtube - there are some cringeworthy vids of them playing one of those 'bet you can't play this' licks. I don't like the sound personally but I do admit the music is pretty progressive but what you hear is no reflection on their real abilities as players (whether that makes a difference to you or not).
# 3
hunter1801
hunter1801
04/09/2008 9:10 am
Probably have tons of these threads in this forum, so Ill respond the same way I usually do:

I like their sound, and respect their ability to MAKE music, but giving respect to them PLAYING music is different. They can't play like they do on their records, but I do like their music I'll admit. One of those things where not everyone is going to like a certain type of music or band, so you'll always hear people bashing them and praising them.
# 4
jamesplaysgitar
jamesplaysgitar
04/25/2008 9:51 pm
if someone ripped out their singers voicebox, i would only hate them as much as i hate rappers/other fake musicians.

yeah all their songs are like exactly the same....
same drumbeat even.
and they use the same lines like, reworded in EVERY song.

and you can even tell just by listening that they edit the solos.
yeah... and copy every shred/jazz lick ever.
# 5
Guitardude61951
Full Access
Guitardude61951
Full Access
04/26/2008 6:48 pm
Like most others I was quite impressed, upon FIRST LISTEN! I've only heard the album with "Through The Fire And Flames". I can't say I've ever heard them live, but time and time again I read about people saying how bad they are.

I remember reading the Guitar World with them in it and talking about how they play Through The Fire and Flames, they admit they totally improvise the solos live. To me, thats saying they only care about the speed.

Dragonforce, most over rated band of all time.
# 6
Drew77
Drew77
05/01/2008 4:26 am
Yeah they are pretty ridiculous.

How bout that Rusty Cooley, I mean if you want to talk about technique and speed. I just saw him on you tube never really listened to him before. Not really that into his music but damn.

No dragonforce really sounds awful to me, even on their albums it just sounds ridiculous and lame.

Anyways, yeah Rusty Cooley blew my mind with his alternate picking.
# 7
BeskarKomrk
BeskarKomrk
05/03/2008 5:27 am
I liked them when I first heard them, but after listening for a while, and getting one of their cds from a friend, I really grew sick of them. All of their songs sound the same, and they're all very generic. If you're starving for power/fantasy metal and have no interest in seeing them live, it's right for you. If you like good guitarists, please look elsewhere. Like anywhere else.
# 8
dancingskeleton
dancingskeleton
05/05/2008 10:51 pm
It would probably be better to learn from some other group. DragonForce is pretty repetitive, so it gets boring after you listen to the CD once. Most of their sounds remind me of atari games, especially pac-man (Herman Li seems to like making the pac-man sound)... you can see it here if you want to waste time... http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1sOP0TemVM

...but if you like making atari game sounds go and buy that album.
# 9
Geeetar4Life
Geeetar4Life
05/15/2008 4:34 pm
I can't stand DragonForce what-so-ever. They are incredibly overrated. Just because their guitarist and overall music is pretty rediculously fast, does not mean that they are good. All their songs sound the same, and their music is overly computerized when it comes to covering up their errors. Look up DragonForce live and see for yourself. His voice is actually really pitchy when it comes to him hitting high notes and the guitarist makes loads of errors when it comes to his fast picking. They suck.
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal." - Incubus

Band Myspace
# 10
Metallifreak6
Metallifreak6
05/16/2008 4:30 am
LOL .... so many Dragonforce bashers. Look you can't say they aren't repeatative because it is simply fact that they use similar style in each song but you guys aren't giving them much leway. I've only heard about them being 'fake' and not really seen videos for myself, but i'm sure you can find 'proof' videos on youtube about any band at any moment being fake and computerized. I'm not saying they are the best in the world, but i have seen them play in a video or two and you can't say that their guitarist have no skill. At that speed you're bound to make mistakes anyways and when you mess up once and someone gets it on tape to replay for eternity it can look like a big deal. Overall i would say they do get old after a while but definitely a good band, I have seen them live btw and it was actually one of the best shows i've been to. They are energetic and really good on stage. But if speed isn't your favorite i can see how they'd go right out the window, to each his own i guess.
# 11
Stephen Pengill
Stephen Pengill
05/16/2008 2:43 pm
yes they are pretty crappy when seen live .... but man doing through the fire and flame on medium in guitar heros is a blast :)

It is such a high paced song it is awsome fun
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.