View post (many opinions....)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/16/2001 12:58 am
Originally posted by Christoph
By the way, the Constitution is for citizens only. The protection that it provides is a priviledge! . . . forged and earned with the blood of the countless people who have died fighting for it. There is not one good reason why a group of terrorists that has vowed to destroy freedom and send the world back into the dark ages should be given the priviledge of due process.

Tell that to the Supreme Court. Can I videotape them laughing at you?

Three good reasons:
1). Due process and individual rights are what fundamentally separate us from them. To throw that out the window is to become them. Remember, they used their faith and the welfare of their people to justify a massacare of thousands of "us."
2). An errosion of their civil rights is an errosion of your civil rights. First it's "foregners," that eventually evolves into any "threat" against the people. Once a barrier is crossed, it's far more difficult to set it back up. It also means that there's one less barrier protecting you. I have never seen both left and right wing government watch dog groups so alarmed about civil rights as they are right now.
3). It's the Law of the Land.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons