Writers block.

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/19/2008 3:55 am
If anybody feels like writing some lyrics and a melody to this, I've had it sitting around for like, a year now and it's just been gathering dust.
I've pretty much given up on it, but if you can think of something that fit's, send me an example. If I can use it I'll split the royalties 50/50 if it's ever used.

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/mp3/Schmange-WhyMeInstrumental.mp3

The harmonies can be changed if new lyrics are written.
# 1
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/19/2008 7:18 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorIf anybody feels like writing some lyrics and a melody to this, I've had it sitting around for like, a year now and it's just been gathering dust.
I've pretty much given up on it, but if you can think of something that fit's, send me an example. If I can use it I'll split the royalties 50/50 if it's ever used.

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/mp3/Schmange-WhyMeInstrumental.mp3

The harmonies can be changed if new lyrics are written.

I'll have a fiddle with it.. I haven't finished downloading it yet so it may not even be the style of music I prefer.. which is just about anything really.. I'll see what I come up with.. looneytunes might be faster with the lyrics than me though.

Am I right in thinking it is in the key of FMajor?

Ok and Bars 9 through to 19 (inclusive) are the verse, right? Bar 20 is where things get really dynamic and uplifting, so I am assuming that is meant to be the Pre-Chorus but then it sort of drops off between bars 25 and 31 (inclusive) and then into the Chorus motif at bar 32.. It's a strange structure that I am not used to but I have a couple of ideas already.

Kinda like "She's got the look" by (Edit Ooops..) it's Roxette.. very avant-garde/experimental.. I like it a lot..
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/19/2008 7:44 am
Originally Posted by: light487I'll have a fiddle with it.. I haven't finished downloading it yet so it may not even be the style of music I prefer.. which is just about anything really.. I'll see what I come up with.. looneytunes might be faster with the lyrics than me though.

Am I right in thinking it is in the key of FMajor?

heh..ya got me.. I gotta go check. Hold on.

Nope, it's in A. The verses are D/G/A C/D/A
And the chorus is: F/C/A/Bb/G/A/D and F/C/A/Bb/G/C/D

The first verse would start where the funky sounding synth bass starts.
# 3
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/19/2008 7:51 am
Gaah.. you've already done the lead solo.. doh! :) lol

Oh and all the bar stuff is based on 60bpm.. I forgot to mention that. It's probably more like 120bpm.. but it just felt more like 60bpm when I was first analysing it.

EDIT/UPDATE: Ok I've done the first verse now.. I sent you a Private Message with all the details and download link.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.