View post (Band Issues)

View thread

holy diver
holy diver
02/16/2008 11:47 pm
Right, I have a slight problem in my current band situation; I'm with a few guys that I realy get on with and enjoy playing with, but nothing's happening.
We've had about 2 practises in as many months and are making virtually no progression at all.
Since our last band split up last october, our current group haven't played any gigs and we don't really have any fully completed material.
I'm getting a bit fed up with the current situation and want to seek a solution, the only problem is that I don't really want to leave the current group for a number of reasons- I like the guys; I wouldn't want to make social life with them difficult; when we actually do anything I do enjoy it, and on top of that, there are very few musicians in my area, and the majority of them are currently in a band, meaning that it would make it very difficult for me to get anything sorted.

I was wondering if anybody had expereinced this situtation and how best to resolve it without kicking people out (the drummer is particularly bad in terms of commitment, as is the bass player to a certain extent, meaning half the band provide a problem,) as I have brought up the issue and nothing's changed.