Back Again...Finally!

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/06/2008 9:35 am
You last visited: 01-16-2008[/ that's how long it's been since I've had the internet on at home.. *sigh* but the good news is, I'm online again.. :)
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 1
looneytunes
looneytunes
02/06/2008 12:15 pm
Welcome back!

What was the internet problem? Provider? Software? Computer? Interface?

Welcome back again!
# 2
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/06/2008 8:00 pm
Some of those :) ..but mainly because I moved into a new place, had to have the phone connected, then wait for the DSL to be connected.. took quite a long time. And once I sort out a couple of initial billing charges with them everything else should be very good.

To compound the issue my telecom told me there was only one phone line coming into this place.. but obviously there is two because the phone line right next to my computer is not connected :(.. I didn't have the correct phone connection to call the telecom from that phone socket when I rang to have it all connected.. but they did assure me it was the only line in.. so now I have to run a cable from my other room, through my bath room, into here.. my Dad is a handyman, so may be he can fix something up from me so it doesn't look so messy.

The lack of internet has given me plenty of time to work on my music though.. still haven't finished any songs.. haha.. writing by yourself is really hard I have been finding.. more so the lyrics because I haven't had that much practise. However I do have, what I believe to be, a winner of a track now.. well a couple of them.. but one that I really feel great about... it fits in with existing lyrics that I have already half written with only a minimal change required, so as to keep the same premise of the song as it was before.

I really need to push myself to get verse 2 and 3 written.. and to completely re-write the dummy-lyrics I have for the chorus at the moment.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 3

02/07/2008 11:49 pm
Welcome back!

Glad to hear you took time to work on some songs.
# 4
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/08/2008 8:57 am
I recorded some vocals this morning and the song is really starting to take shape. I showed it to someone I go to work with everyday.. only because they demanded that I let them listen to it.. hehe.. and they really liked it. So hopefully it is actually decent and she wasn't just being nice, as some people do. I've also been reading a biography on Paul McCartney titled "Many Years From Now" which has really put my mind at ease for writing songs.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 5
looneytunes
looneytunes
02/08/2008 3:53 pm
Originally Posted by: light487I recorded some vocals this morning and the song is really starting to take shape.

Was one of the vocals your song about that girl. Your first love wasn't, but you never dated a girl by names you were thinking of using? I suggested Sydney and I don't know were you went from there. I told you to knock it around playing on Sydney the city and Sydney the girl.

Just curious. I did get 7 out of the 12 songs recorded for copyright, but I may record a couple over. It really does matter for copyright, but I like them to sound half way decent.

I'm going to see Phil Keaggy this Sunday and Tommy Emmanuel it a couple of weeks. They will be the first really concert I have ever been to. I have really some artist play in parking lots and one that just pulled his bus over to practice, but no real concert.

Email and let me know were your song stands. I been pretty busy and really haven't had time for anything.

I will be waiting to hear from you.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.