View post (A word on islam)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/11/2001 5:02 pm
As I recall, this current intifada started after Sharon (who they perceive as a war criminal) visited some muslim holy sites and after two or three palistinians who worked at a bakery in Israel were beaten and photographed by border guards on their way home from work.

I'm not going to say that the intifada isn't wrong because it is wrong, but your tactics are just as inflamitory as theirs. Anyone who's seen a bar room brawl break out knows what I'm talking about- things start small and get blown way out of proportion as emotions flare. A spilled drink, smartass comment, or pass on somebody's girl friend turns into several bruised and bloody people, broken furniture, and an enormous mess. Is it right? No. Could steps have been taken by both sides to stop it? Yes.

Of course the situation we talk about here is far more complicated with different factions and groups representing both sides and persuing different objectives. Sadly, unless something changes, things will keep on as as they are until they explode. Current tactics just won't bring a solution.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons