View post (A word on islam)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/10/2001 4:20 am
Originally posted by Christoph The Americas were conquered several hundred years ago by the "evil" Europeans. My understanding of the word 'conquer' is that the people who are defeated subsequently give up the rights to the land (or whatever). So I have every right to be sitting here on what used to be Apache land, because it was conquered and taken, not stolen. (It isn't like the Indians were doing anything with it anyway.)[/B]

Translation: what goes for me doesn't go for everybody else. I'm special.

If Israel has the right to force an Arab out of their home at gun point, an Apache indian has that same right to drive you from yours. And yes, though they left few signs of it, they were doing plenty with that land.

Lets look at this from a real world perspective:

Israel wants Palistinans to up and leave their homes hapily and peacefully, and not show the least resistance.

Palistinian terrorists expect that violent attacks on their enemy will somehow break them, or drive them away.

Both veiw points are rediculous. Both sides have had ample chance to end the violence, but have passed every time. Both force the other side to harden their stance and become more and more extreamist. Sadly, hardliners lead both sides so there will be no compromise any time soon. Such is the nature of humanity. I hold both sides at fault.

Zep: The Brittish pulled out and handed the issue over the the UN after one of their officials was assassinated by a Zionist rebel- both sides have had bloody hands for some time now. As an outsider to the conflict I have to say that the people who started this are dead and their children are dead. It doesn't matter who started this and why because most of the current participants were born into this. It's time to end it and go on living.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons