View post (A word on islam)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/08/2001 2:24 am
Originally posted by Christoph
Exactly who are they being occupied by? That's Israeli land that they're sitting on, rightfully taken by Israel thousands of years ago before the palestinians even existed as a people. By all accounts, the palestinians are occupying Israeli land, and Israel has the right to take it back by any means.

So who's tribal land are you currently occupying? Cree? Soux? Iriquois? Apache? Unless you live in Rhode Island, you're living on stolen soil.

The people who invaded Isreal died hundreds of years ago, after a few generations "taking back" land is really very irrelivent. The people responsible, the people displaced, and all there children are gone, so basicly everyone there is a native. The "we stole it fair and square" argument has got to go. If you really want to get right down to it, the first Israelis (if you will) had to take the same peice of land we're talking about from people who lived there. The more we did, the more we find that Israel has been contested land since people first left Africa. Sadly, I don't see this changing soon.

Try looking at this from more of a Palestinian perspective: You're being kicked off the land your people have lived on for hundreds of years so your home can be torn down and replaced by trailers for some jerkoff who just moved in from New Jersey will have a place to live because he happens to be of the same religeon/decent of the people your great-great-great-great-great uncle's cousin drove off the land.
Would you just say "eh, I guess this guy deserves it more than I do?"

And the real pisser about this is that if you boil everything down, Palestinians and Israelis really want the same things:

• Jerusalem as the capital of their state

• Freedom to practice their religeon in peace

• Security

• To live happy and satisfying lives on the collection of dirt we know today as Israel.

But the added complication is that neither side is paticuarly happy with the other. Otherwise they could form one country and be done with it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons