View post (heavy metal lyrics?)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
01/11/2008 7:02 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckLmao, a metal song about how great it is to have feet. I love that.

the metal song would have to be about how you have no feet, because they were chopped off and then you make metal feet and kill a bunch of people with them (probably starting with the people who cut your original feet off).

So the song would actually be about how great it is to have metal feet.

Plus Looney, no metal can not be about "happy" things. That totally wouldn't be hard core, it could be happy as long as its hardcore but there probably aren't any hardcore things most people would think are happy. If you like setting public buildings and churches on fire then you could probably write a happy metal song, I mean if that makes you happy.

but to the original poster. Just write whatever. I wrote a death metal song sometime last year, it was about vikings that eat psychedelic mushrooms and then build things and kill people. I wrote it cause apparently they actually did that sometimes and I thought it was awesome.

You can write them about anything as long as they are hardcore, like you could write a song about walking to school but then you would have to make it super metal. Like you were walking to school and your friend got hit by a car, and when the driver got out you tried to kill him for killing your friend but it turns out he's demon and he kills you and takes your soul to hell.

Or you can just write really simple lyrics just describing something and then scream them in a cookie monster voice that would be pretty metal as long as people only understand parts of it.

I mean thats all 99% of metal lyrics are are just really simple lyrics with no real depth, they just describe things or basically just tell a linear story. Its the way their sung and the things they're about that make them metal.