my bands new single "Goodbye"

oib111
oib111
01/08/2008 10:40 pm
Ok. We just posted it on myspace. The song is called Goodbye. I am the lead guitarist, we have a girl on rythm, another girl who plays drums and sometimes sings with the rythm guitarist, and another boy who plays keyboard. The band is called Above Influence(I know bad name, I don't like it either, but they voted on it). Don't listen to the other songs on their, cuz first off, it was the old band, and they aren't real songs, it's just them playing around. It was when they were in an all girls band. Goodbye is in our band. Btw, I didn't realize how good we actually sounded on track. But it sounds like there's some added synths and other things in there. But w/e, it sounds good lol. Please give feedback.

http://collect.myspace.com/music/popup.cfm?num=0&time=undefined&fid=126817810&uid=1&t=c9BpuGUePPY6v7bkO4cnmuZqJha5RbPm6vpf2yzde2BChR/0EWXy6QUZ7Y939ajcNwyJYvNWRYc5hh2ecCYscA==d=MTI2ODE3ODEwXjExOTk4MDM2MTg=
# 1
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
01/09/2008 9:01 am
Great song man.. I really enjoyed listening to that.. It has a freshness to it that a lot of songs on the radio and at gigs these days just don't have. I noticed a few faults in the song of course but none that are all that terrible anyway and one of them is just a matter of singing practise or lessons if she isn't already taking lessons. I'm sorry but I had to check out one of the other songs on there.. I know you said not to and now I know why.. but at least by listening to that I can hear how much the singer has improved so this issue will fix itself in its own time.. no rush.. part of the charm of the song is that everyone is so young and fresh.

The song's lyrics are structured and well written for the most part.. I did notice the singer baulk on a couple of words though, which tends to indicate to me that the word she is trying to sing is not quite right. May be the lyricist tried too hard to stay within the structure of the lyrics.. like tried too hard to make something rhyme.. or may be it's simply a matter of syllable count in the line.. if it lacks the same line structure as the previous did at that point in the previous verse, then possibly it is throwing the singer off and out of her groove for a split second. Anyway.. it's obvious enough to notice but didn't heavily detract from the song.

As far as your work in this song, it's a shame that I didn't hear more of you. It's also wonderful to see that you didn't feel the need to force a long guitar solo into the track as many new guitarists do.. I know, I'm one of them.. :) lol.. I would have liked a little solo though.. may be either 8 or 12 measures in length.. just to reinforce the melody through a different medium and also to add a little break from the singing. In the parts that you did play, I really liked it. The parts you played were tight and relevant to the context of the song at that point.

All in all, like I said at the start, I enjoyed the song immensely. :cool:
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 2
oib111
oib111
01/09/2008 3:38 pm
Lol. Pretty soon we will post up the song I wrote xD. Cuz we don't really write songs as a band. We write lyrics and parts, come in and teach it to the other people. And then record it.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.