wreckens
wreckens
12/27/2007 12:27 pm
hey guys really need a hand here
i bought a jackson Dx10d
so after 4 months i decided to change out the strings
so i took out all the strings and find out its very hard to put it back
so i meedle the floyd rose out
and sudently the whole thing come out (means the floyd rose)
it sorta happend when i screw out the nut dat lower the strings instead of using the truss rod
i dunno how to put it back lol
any idea?
sorry my english kinda sucks im trying to improve
# 1
ren
ren
12/28/2007 2:57 pm
you have 2 posts in the guitar which the floyd rose bridge pivots against. You need to rest the bridge block against the posts then attach a couple of strings with enough tension that it holds together. Tighten the strings until you have just enough tension to hold it, then you can adjust the bridge height by turning the posts (it sounds like you did this already, so you may need to set it back). You will need to take the plate off the back of the gutar too and re-attach the springs to the trem block or claw, depending on how they have come loose.

If you are really lost, it could be worth taking it to a store and asking them to do it for you.... then watch them do it. I know it's no help now, but for anyone else reading - you need to replace the strings one at a time.... then everything stays in place and the bridge remains at the right height.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
ronbelluso
ronbelluso
12/29/2007 4:22 pm
I have never heard of this happening but think that it is probably fairly common problem.
# 3
ravenx495
ravenx495
12/31/2007 2:17 pm
I haven't had a problem like this before, but from what your telling me, I think your not changing your strings right. Do you know how to thread the top of the string through the hole on the tuner so the ball end is on the tuner? Try doing this next time you change strings.

As for the tremolo, I think your only option is to take it to the shop. It might cost some money, but it's probably the only way.
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.